Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy and Sad

Today I celebrated my 37th birthday. It was a nice day, spent with many of the most important people in my life. Jamie and I had a nice breakfast and watched a movie together, and then we met my whole immediate family for supper. Just the way I like to celebrate.

When I came home and did my habitual check of Facebook, it was to news that one of my father's cousins had died. He was a wonderful man - clever, witty, intelligent, and observant. His whole family are special people, and several of them, particularly two of his daughters and one of his grandchildren, are people who I consider among my dearest friends. My heart goes out to them.

Life is like this. Happy and sad coexist, drifting in and out of each others' spheres of influence.

No comments:

Post a Comment