Monday, May 11, 2009

Music Speaks

I have long considered music to be an absolutely essential element in my life. It has powers I can't really explain. The closest I can come is to say that so much music moves me so deeply, I can physically feel it. This is not limited to the types of music you might expect, such as classical, but can be just as effective and, in many cases, even more effective, with songs that many consider to be throwaway pop songs. A sampling of these:

- X-Static Process and Like a Prayer, both by Madonna
- I Will Love Again, by Lara Fabian
- Viva Forever, by Spice Girls
- I Turn to You, by Melanie C
- Original Sin, by Taylor Dayne
- Silence, by Delerium with Sarah McLachlan

I'll leave you to speculate on why these songs in particular matter to me. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment