Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ramblings on a Tuesday

So, for it being the week of Christmas, it has started off as complete shat. Jamie is being just as thoughtless as usual. You'd think I'd get used to it after a years, but no. I have that big "L" on my forehead, you know. Plus, yesterday when I was doing my paperwork and completely not even paying attention to the world around me, I was treated to homophobic crap from two random d-bags passing my counter. I didn't give them the satisfaction of even looking up, but that sort of thing has a habit of happening just when I finally think it won't anymore, and when I'm already not exactly on the upswing of my overall mood cycles.

But it's Tuesday morning, and I'm off work today. I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and mindlessly surfing the Internet and Facebook. Canada Post is in the process of bringing me two Oz books and (very excited very excited very excited!) my new mini laptop, my first-ever BRAND NEW computer that nobody but me has used. I have had an unexpected invitation to join my brother and his delightful new girlfriend for lunch. I will wrap presents later today. I will mail a package to a new friend, and await his response to the surprise inside. I will do a little bit of shopping.

The problems won't go away. Jamie will still be thoughtless, at least for the foreseeable future. I have no doubt of that. People will still say hurtful things to total strangers. And the efforts of my psychologist will work, but not overnight. There is a lot of pain ahead. But right now, at 10:07 on a Tuesday morning, life isn't too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment