Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reset

It has been a long time since I've been here. In fact, the only reason I came here today was to read a friend's blog, and decided that my response to her post might as well not be anonymous. Since I was here anyway, I decided to read all my own old posts. I knew it wouldn't take long, as I've been rather half-assed about this whole thing.

I'm in a much better place than I was when this page came into existence. The problems are still there. The dark tendencies still lurk inside me. Stupid shit still gets to me, bad habits still slip into my life, and the crazy ups and downs that come with all of this are all still there. I've come to realize they'll never go away.

For the first time, though I can truly say that's okay. I've come to realize that the one thing that we all have in common, the one thing that we can call normal, is that life is a series of up and down, good and bad, happy and sad, joy and sorrow. It's true for everyone. People who say nothing good ever happens just don't know where to look, and are completely skipping over the simple joys. And people who claim everything in their life is always perfect are just deluding themselves.

I've become a whole lot better at realizing that many of the things I take for granted are, in fact, rich blessings from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment